Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 17th, 2014, 5:31pm

News:   

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

944Online Forum
   944 Forums
   944 Blog
(Moderators: IAN - 944ONLINE, XxSteve944onlinexX, JAMIE944)
   I just found...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I just found...  (Read 2533 times)
porschecidal_maniac
944online Forum Guru

Maniac Racing - You're never too old to play cars.

WWW Email

I just found...
« on: Mar 5th, 2013, 5:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

rolled a car into the shop and began gutting the interior for a restore and I found a complete cellular phone system, July 1988 playboy magazine with Cindy Crawford on the cover, a 10-pc Snap-On metric wrench set, and a 35mm film canister full of pot.  

Also, what are codes H54 and 349? Anyone?
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2013, 5:23pm by porschecidal_maniac » IP Logged

- Jason

R7 Racing & Restoration
Maniac Racing
www.maniacracing.net
turbogts
944online Forum Senior Member

Really?

Email

Re: I just found...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 5th, 2013, 5:23pm »

sounds like some ones "go" bag burst open in that car...
IP Logged

1987 944 RSR Guards red going bye bye MCL Raffel
1988 928S4 Super S4 (SGT) India Red
2010 GT3RS Basalt Black
2004 GT3 (5050) Speed Yellow
kfanazini

1986 944

« Reply #2 on: Mar 5th, 2013, 5:30pm »

I think the Phone/Cannabis/Crawford was option code #M420 IIRC.

The tools somebody must have left behind.

on Mar 5th, 2013, 5:19pm, porschecidal_maniac wrote:
rolled a car into the shop and began gutting the interior for a restore and I found a complete cellular phone system, July 1988 playboy magazine with Cindy Crawford on the cover, a 10-pc Snap-On metric wrench set, and a 35mm film canister full of pot.  

IP Logged

1986 944 na
Up On Ramps
944online Forum Full Member

Retired Navy - Submariner

« Reply #3 on: Mar 5th, 2013, 5:54pm »

How much for the wrenches?
IP Logged

1987 944 Base (Auto)
Ohio_Tom

I love Forum 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Mar 5th, 2013, 6:37pm »

I kind of like whoever put it there w/o even meeting them.  
Back in 78', I pulled a cassette tape of deep purple out of a wrecked Benz. I wore that tape out. Loved it and always wondered about the person who was driving.
IP Logged

Tom Simpson
VW/Porsche freak.
mrgreenjeans
944online Forum Guru

"racing is life, everything else is just waiting"

« Reply #5 on: Mar 5th, 2013, 7:59pm »

Jason,  

you have a fully optioned car with a special Dealer Sale package of combined options and should include the following : ( if it is still so equipped )

-Full Sport Suspension with HD front anti-sway bars of 22.5 front and either 14mm or 18mm rear bars ( M456 on Series one and M474 on Series 2 cars )

-Adjustable Koni Sport shocks (yellow) and 3 click Rear, Sport shocks Koni - front
Could also have the HD Torsion bars that some of these came with. Measure them and compare with a stock torsion bar setup on a base car.  

- Sport 4 Spoke Steering wheel ( check to see if it has code 018 also for raised hub, bring the wheel closer to driver )

- Sunroof, electrically operated

- LSD transaxle at 40%

- Front headlight washer system. If its a Series 2 car , should include the squirters and washer system for the rear hatch wiper.

- Rear hatch wiper

- Very possible it had Sport Seats also in this group , but those may be coded separate.

- Code 349 SHOULD be color keyed Forged Alloy wheels in 16 inch. Possibly platinum in color and definitely Forged Fuchs, not cookies.

What year is this car ?

I am going strictly from memory here , as I do not have access to my original Monroney Sticker I still retain from an '84 - 944 I bought new. With a special ordered out arrangement with the dealer's owner who had a tie in with Porsche. That car is an H52 code, Weissach Prepared normal.

I would look for all previous owner's documents relating to this car, as it is somewhat rare. It may have some special documents showing test miles at Weissach on a yellow hand signed and authenticated, dated paperwork affixed to the mirror or radio knob at one time as a hangtag. That may yet be in the glovebox or in the documents folder if you are fortunate to have them. Does it have its Monroney Sticker yet ?

Most of these cars, of the few made, were sent to chosen dealers, many ended up immediately on track and competed hard as in genuine, bona-fide Porsche backed and supported events. Few survived. Some also had a sunroof delete option over laid on that H50, H52, or H54 sale agreement and negated the sunroof you already paid for. So you got an option delete at an optionally added premium.

Cool marketing........

and nice find on that special car. Don't ruin its integrity. Its a keeper and may well have some good track history to it.........find out as much as possible on its past.

IP Logged

74-914-2.0 L- S Yellow
83-944-M404 Grds Red-(early 82
84-944-M456 Grds Red-H52 Weissach Prep.
84-944-M404 Ruby-Sunroof Del
84-944-M456 Zermatt
88-944-Jubilee/ BL
88-911-V Blue
89-944T M030
Thaddeus

1983 Porsche 944 N/A, 1980 924 Turbo

« Reply #6 on: Mar 5th, 2013, 8:01pm »

Who leaves Snap-On wrenches in car?  If mine went missing, I'd need to kill someone.
IP Logged
porschecidal_maniac
944online Forum Guru

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 5th, 2013, 8:22pm »

GJ, thanks. This car is loaded and it is very, very nice and original. The Fuchs aren't color keyed, they are black centered but super nice at that and it does have windshield squirters and the other tricks you spoke of. I haven't climbed underneath to look at the suspension, but I will tomorrow.

I wanted to update my treasure list to include 3 condoms, unused, an engraved money clip that says Joseph Pardini and about $10 in change.  

The car is coming out awesome.
IP Logged

- Jason

R7 Racing & Restoration
Maniac Racing
www.maniacracing.net
mrgreenjeans
944online Forum Guru

« Reply #8 on: Mar 5th, 2013, 8:45pm »

throw the treasure list to the nearest Salvation Army guys kettle.

the REAL treasure is the car.

Maybe the key is finding Joseph Pardini and seeing who he was, maybe uncovering his past Huh maybe he was known for driving real fast on the track.  

Is it the Guards Red 84 on your Garage Site ? The one with the black Fuchs and the Black Full leather Sport Seats ?

What are the other codes on the build tag and what is the date of build ?
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2013, 8:51pm by mrgreenjeans » IP Logged

74-914-2.0 L- S Yellow
84-944-M456 Zermatt
88-944-Jubilee/ BL
88-911-V Blue
89-944T M030
FR Wilk
944online Forum Full Member

Electrical Engineer

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 6th, 2013, 1:48am »

When I got my 85 parts car, it had a complete factory phone, a playboy [not Cindy], a perfectly round sandstone rock, and 2 unused concert tickets [expired 3 years]. I still have the rock.

It may be the same as 80's Porsche 911, option code 349 is  
Fuchs Wheels Painted Exterior Color
IP Logged
James

« Reply #10 on: Mar 6th, 2013, 3:18am »

remember the film can of pot?  
on Mar 5th, 2013, 8:01pm, Thaddeus wrote:
Who leaves Snap-On wrenches in car?  If mine went missing, I'd need to kill someone.

IP Logged

James
Stamford, CT
1985/2 944
porschecidal_maniac
944online Forum Guru

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Mar 6th, 2013, 5:14am »

on Mar 6th, 2013, 3:18am, James wrote:
remember the film can of pot?  

Haha... wait, what? I forgot about the pot. I'm hungry.

Seriously, I will find out more today and then decide what I will do with this car. It's funny, because I was discussing color keying a set of Fuchs India red to go with this car because the spoiler needs to be painted and I have a set in need of TLC. It was my intention to withhold the rims on the car, as they appear to have been professionally refinished.  

Well, again, I need to run the VIN and uncover the H54 options. I have the book and warranty info with the first three owners. I also have service records, albeit probably not all of them, that follows the car from its original delivery in Santa Cruz CA through its arrival in NJ. Looks like there were five owners and I don't think this car was ever on the track.

The paint has been resprayed, but was done well and all of the original items seem to be intact. It still has its phone and Blaupunkt with manuals for both. I will carefully remove and store them. The phone is missing its handset but the other pieces are all there. The tool kit is complete as are the rest of the accessories.  

There is a strange bag that appears OE as well. It's too small to be a sunroof cover but shaped similarly with a section cut out of the back. Any ideas?

Finally, back to your original response GJ, this car is an 84. I guess I need to make some phone calls.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2013, 5:16am by porschecidal_maniac » IP Logged

- Jason

R7 Racing & Restoration
Maniac Racing
www.maniacracing.net
mrgreenjeans
944online Forum Guru

« Reply #12 on: Mar 6th, 2013, 8:54am »

the little bag is for the front bra and mirror bras, if its a Porsche or Colgan bra set.

The weird thing is, two of my cars came from the west coast, one from Santa Cruz. The other from Pasadena. Mine was ordered new from a defunct dealership in Bismarck, ND that closed in the early 90's known as Century Motors owned by Vance Pressler, an avid Porsche Club and track enthusiast.

Bruce Anderson , the 911 and 944 Guru who just recently died came from the same area around Santa Cruz and there is a fanatical following there locally for track specials, variants of the marque, special ordered cars. He ran Garretson Racing Enterprises , and wrote much regarding Porsche engines and track prep.

The thing I am saying, the special cars seemed to go where the track venues were most active; think Laguna Seca, Elkhart Lake, Atlanta, and your very own playground out east , Lime Rock , etc.

If you can scrounge up an old yellow NADA book from 83- 88 or so, these packages known as H48, H50, H52, H54 are clearly annotated in the used car guide book showing their true value as more than the base cars. My Monrony window sticker also shows that on its frontispiece and coincides to the white build tag.

Maybe find a few in left over at a Swap meet, or in your local library if they haven't all gone digital and tossed the whole lot out.......
IP Logged

74-914-2.0 L- S Yellow
84-944-M456 Zermatt
88-944-Jubilee/ BL
88-911-V Blue
89-944T M030
mrgreenjeans
944online Forum Guru

« Reply #13 on: Mar 6th, 2013, 8:56am »

Jason:

what is the build date and the last 5 serial numbers. It would be interesting to know where it fell in line with other known H coded cars/ track specials prepped by Porsche.

Some very well may have never made it to track duty but were ordered out as backups and sat in the paddock for swaps or late replacement on the grid.
IP Logged

74-914-2.0 L- S Yellow
84-944-M456 Zermatt
88-944-Jubilee/ BL
88-911-V Blue
89-944T M030
porschecidal_maniac
944online Forum Guru

WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Mar 6th, 2013, 12:48pm »

I know the codes are a little obscured, but the sticker just fell off when I started cleaning the car. The codes are C03 H54 349 401 409 454 650

almost forgot...

« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2013, 1:09pm by porschecidal_maniac » IP Logged

- Jason

R7 Racing & Restoration
Maniac Racing
www.maniacracing.net
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Visit our home page at:
Visit our sister site at: