Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Cycling valve? (Read 2251 times)
Ronin-951
Experienced Member

Masterless Pirate

Re: Cycling valve?
Reply #15 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the review IW, but one of my problems is 'lack of restraint', ... if it ever crosses with my hate of fords while on the Highway, it will conflict with my love of money and distaste for greasy fingernails. Grin Ya know, one of the things that attracted me to the 951 at first, was the ease of increasing the output, however, once it was running as designed, I don't see the need anymore. God help me if I find an Overdrive unit that will fit in the Torque Tube though. Roll Eyes

'Princess' of the Inland Empire, virgin '86, Lady in the City, Ho on the Hiway, Pace not Race!

IP Logged

invisiblewave

Reply #16 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
I have mine set so that it doesn't really make the car any faster, it just gets fast sooner!  It's particularly noticeable at highway speeds, you don't have to bother dropping it a gear to really gun it quickly.

1986 951 almost completely stock, boost enhancer mod.

IP Logged

Ronin-951
Experienced Member

Masterless Pirate

Reply #17 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Man ... these are GREAT Cars! When they are running right, it just don't get no better! Cool

'Princess' of the Inland Empire, virgin '86, Lady in the City, Ho on the Hiway, Pace not Race!

IP Logged

CW 951
Experienced Member

Back in the game!

Reply #18 - Sep 1st, 2019 at 2:00am
Print Post  
Time to resurrect this thread as the same problem came back recently.

Here's the scenario: Car has been running wonderfully for the past 4.5 years since replacing the CV.  Now it's back to it's old tricks...boost is limited to around 1.2 bar (on the gauge) and the engine slightly surges under a load.  If I stop, shut off engine, and restart, 90% of the time it will be back to normal boost (1.8 bar) with no more surging.  Sometimes it will be fine for days on end after the restart.  Other times, after the restart, it will boost normally for a couple blasts then fail back to 1.2 bar until I shut off/restart.

After the last fail, while engine was still running, I disconnected and reconnected the CV connector to see if "power cycling" just the CV would fix it...nope, 1.2 bar and slight surging.

My questions: Does this sound like another bad cycling valve?  Or is it more indicative of something else (DME maybe?)?  Is there any specific troubleshooting I can do to narrow down the culprit?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top