Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Sales (Read 3173 times)
dpoul34
Experienced Member

1987 944 Turbo

Sales
May 30th, 2014 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Anybody know of a nicely sorted out 968 for sale in the New England area?  I am antsy for one and want one and am ready to pounce in a New York minute.  Kind of scarce around here though.

1987 951 56000 miles Black Beauty (Stella)

IP Logged

Grandpa#3
Experienced Member

USAF Retired / Civil Service
Retired "GO BLUE"

Re: Sales
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2014 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Hi, You might be better off asking over on 968forums.com.

Cheers,
Larry  Wink

Use Spell Check and you will always bee right.&&Half way between Perry and Hawkinsville, Georgia&&1985.5 944 n/a  Graphite Metallic, a work in progress. &&1992, 968 Horizon Blue Cab&&&&
IP Logged

jws
Experienced Member

Reply #2 - Jun 2nd, 2014 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
dpoul34,† all I can say is just look everywhere, even Ebay!† I found my 90 S2 Cab on Ebay after about a 1 year search for the car closest to what I wanted.† It was a GREAT car but after it was totaled by another oncoming driver I changed marquis.† Then a funny thing happened, a buddy of mine told me about this 968 he saw that was for sale.† He said it was one of the most amazing looking 968's he has ever seen.† I wasn't looking to buy a Porsche but he insisted that I just go look at it.† Well, needless to say I brought it home with me.† My point being is don't be in a hurry to buy a car.† Because you might end up with something you really don't want, but don't be too picky either or you will never buy one.† Look for something that is as close to perfect as you will except.† What I mean about that is with the options you really want!† It's nice to have paperwork from day 1.† I had that with my 90 S2 because I purchased it from the original owner, but if you just have some solid maintenance records that show the car has recently had all the major things looked at that would be ok.† If you lived near Jason (Maniac) you could pay him to give it a once over.† Even if you have a shop that specializes in the 924/944/968 that would be a great thing to let them look at it if there is a car with no or not much in the record department.

Grandpa has a great tip about the other website.† Not that it's any recommendation but I belong there.† Always look for good information and where is a better place for the 968 but at a forum that is based around the 968!!!

It's funny that if you have once owned a 944/968 you always think of that little car.† They really are a wonderful car.† If some body out there is looking for a Porsche shop that knows their way around the 944/968 line up there is a Porsche shop in Little Rock, AR the owner is among the best of them (like Jason) when it comes to those cars.† It's called "Perfection Performance"† They will work on Ferrari's, Lambo's and such but their expertise is the Porsche Marque.† They have raced many 944's and these guy's really love those cars (944/968).† It's funny because they have 911's everywhere around that shop from very early to late model cars but if you come in with a 944 they will be so interested in your car that it makes you think you just drove in with a 959 or some thing.†

IP Logged

SactoJohn
Experienced Member

Reply #3 - Jun 2nd, 2014 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Try http://www.carsforsale.com/used-cars-for-sale/1993-porsche-968-westhampton-ny-22...

Let us know how sorted it is. My experience is that the used car dealer Porsches are often overpriced and have problems.

IP Logged

Critoper

Getting in the game

Reply #4 - Jun 22nd, 2014 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Grandpa#3 wrote on May 30th, 2014 at 9:05pm:
Hi, You might be better off asking over on 968forums.com.

Cheers,
Larry† Wink

Does anyone have pull over at 968forum?  I've tried signing up for a few days and have been unsuccessful.  I'm getting an error telling me that I'm not copying a message properly.

I've emailed them to no avail.

IP Logged

slinger569
Experienced Member

89 Turbo

Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Hey Dpoul
I see you posted this a while ago, but seeing as we are both in MA I thought I'd let you know about this one I passed in Shrewsbury the other day. However I did not stop to look at it. He also had another 951 up there...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?dealerId=55982485&z...

Good luck with your search.. I'll let you know if I see another around.

EDIT:
Here's another I found -
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=01757&endYear=2...

Dave
84 n/a - sold
89 Turbo

IP Logged

Critoper

Getting in the game

Reply #6 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
dpoul34 wrote on May 30th, 2014 at 7:02pm:
Anybody know of a nicely sorted out 968 for sale in the New England area?† I am antsy for one and want one and am ready to pounce in a New York minute.† Kind of scarce around here though.

I've got 2 really nice cabriolets for sale near me right now.  Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top