Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Floor mats (Read 970 times)
Bob F

I love Forum 1G - SP1!

Floor mats
Sep 5th, 2017 at 3:30am
Print Post  
Two part question: 1. Is it possible to get new but original looking floor mats for my 951? 2. The driver's mat (original) has a clip on the end of a short strap that probably should snap to a complimentary strap anchored near the seat front in order to stop it from sliding forward every time I get in the car.  But there is to complimentary strap. Am I missing something?

Bob
IP Logged

Bob_85.5

Slower traffic keep right

Re: Floor mats
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
You are correct in assuming that the mat snaps into a short strap.  The strap secures to the floor with a self tapping screw directly in front of the seat glide.  These are the mats I have also.
All the replacement mats I have seen (which actually look very similar to the original mats), secure to the floor with two (2) hooks, and no longer use the straps.
I know that you can get them with or without the "Porsche" script.
Our host carries the new style replacement mats (in the "Accessories" section of the parts directory).
Short of buying used original equipment mats off of eBay, I think you will need to get replacement mats...

IP Logged

Bob F

I love Forum 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2017 at 6:02am
Print Post  
Thanks Bob.

Bob
IP Logged

SactoJohn
Experienced Member

Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2017 at 2:43am
Print Post  
They still make the Porsche T-Equipment mats and they come with two clamp on pins which remind me a little of drapery hooks. They work ok, but sometimes come loose. Those mats fit good, but colors are limited and the foam backer is really thin so it tears up quickly. I kind of wonder now if I shouldn't have bought aftermarket brown mats to match my carpet without the Porsche logo.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top