Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
 25 Rough Life Wilson (Read 23508 times)
Noah
Experienced Member

Rough Life Wilson
May 7th, 2018 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Work towards your dreams. Work hard. When things aren't going your way, work harder. Success isn't easy. I'm finally back working on my Urban rally car "Rough Life Wilson".

The top photo is Wilson's interior almost fully put back together.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2018 at 9:25pm by Noah »  

interior_001.jpg ( 2671 KB | Downloads )
interior_001.jpg

non-purist retro-grouch with questionable taste

IP Logged

Noah
Experienced Member

Re: Follow your dreams
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2018 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
The second photo is the accessory gauge that tells me A LOT (once sensors are installed. You can research more here if you like. They are designed for motorcycles but uses a 12 v source) https://kosonorthamerica.com/tag/meters-gear-indicators/ .

I decided to mount it centrally so that my co-driver can operate the lap timers and monitor angle of body roll, etc.

rxf_gauge.jpg ( 1315 KB | Downloads )
rxf_gauge.jpg

IP Logged

Noah
Experienced Member

Re: Follow your dreams
Reply #2 - May 7th, 2018 at 5:58pm
Print Post  

The last photo is an example of internet inspiration that keeps me going when I feel deflated. Once Wilson is up and running, I will be running with the big dogs!  Well... okay... BEHIND the big dogs!

IP Logged

Noah
Experienced Member

Re: Rough Life Wilson
Reply #3 - May 7th, 2018 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
"Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing."
-Pelé

About to begin the sunroof delete. Car needs paint.

interior2.jpg ( 2996 KB | Downloads )
interior2.jpg

IP Logged

Noah
Experienced Member

Reply #4 - May 7th, 2018 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
I don't want to let the cat out of the bag, but lets just say we're in the middle of negotiating for funding to enter the car in Le Mans. Also having a conversation with... oh I shouldn't say his name...   a certain driver https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=PqldP8hJkd4h so we can represent this car properly in Europe.

IP Logged

Noah
Experienced Member

Reply #5 - May 8th, 2018 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Interesting hearing from the driver's perspective. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io4yqkka44s

IP Logged

Noah
Experienced Member

Reply #6 - May 9th, 2018 at 3:10pm
Print Post  

Had to fill the sunroof air inlet for gravel roads, and engine conversion hasn't been completed.

IP Logged

anchor
Experienced Member

*Be vewwy vewwy quiet;
I'm hunting wabbits*

Reply #7 - May 9th, 2018 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Noah it seems some interest in the flex-seal tape or aerosol spray can after putting in your plug roof hole, but if logic serves probability exist you will TIG weld the seam? Or are you installing your kill switch up there?It appears to be an excellent place for fire protection cylinder activation.
Amazing the return line vapor. So you decided to not exit that vapor to atmosphere? Is that in your catagory of racing official rules? Or just good production back to cooler then intake recirc? More or less pressure related.

* Elmuh Fudd / Yosemite Sam... Duuude, I cawwed shotgun dipwomacy 3 minutes ago *

IP Logged

Noah
Experienced Member

Reply #8 - May 10th, 2018 at 12:33am
Print Post  

Hitting the surfaces up with the heavyweight long hair fibre first

IP Logged

Noah
Experienced Member

Reply #9 - May 10th, 2018 at 1:09pm
Print Post  

Can anyone guess what I'm trying to achieve with the booster cables?

IP Logged

anchor
Experienced Member

*Be vewwy vewwy quiet;
I'm hunting wabbits*

Reply #10 - May 10th, 2018 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Excise the wild --- guess a (WAG) but as you have one electrode attached to the frame and pipe for both with no battery in the battery box AMD if all your electronics presently isolated from the frame so that you do not backfeed potential energy to your system it appears you ate using the car frame as a welding table.

Although it would be a mistake as personal protection in a vehicle repair facility.

* Elmuh Fudd / Yosemite Sam... Duuude, I cawwed shotgun dipwomacy 3 minutes ago *

IP Logged

Noah
Experienced Member

Reply #11 - May 10th, 2018 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Anchor,
I read about adding a "ground strap" when painting to help prevent the vehicle from static clinging dust particles from the air (which has been a major problem on all vehicles I've painted in this garage).

IP Logged

anchor
Experienced Member

*Be vewwy vewwy quiet;
I'm hunting wabbits*

Reply #12 - May 10th, 2018 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Build a paint booth to national standards.

Off subject grid arrays for static cling prevention are probably detailed in Europe and I have found standards based on electrical area classification standards there. That discussion centered around powder coatings in class II facility and inadequate ventilation. Like maybe metallic flake paint.
http://www.rohnerspraybooths.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkdyxmLz72gIVgYdpCh1TFQpvEAAY...

IP Logged

anchor
Experienced Member

*Be vewwy vewwy quiet;
I'm hunting wabbits*

Reply #13 - May 11th, 2018 at 9:32am
Print Post  
anchor wrote on May 10th, 2018 at 2:51pm:
Excise the wild --- guess a (WAG) but as you have one electrode attached to the frame and pipe for both with no battery in the battery box AMD if all your electronics presently isolated from the frame so that you do not backfeed potential energy to your system it appears you ate using the car frame as a welding table.

Although it would be a mistake as personal protection in a vehicle repair facility.

The mistake would be a rule without exception is published in NFPA 70 article 511.12 Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupter Protection for Personnel.

The ground bonding ( red lead of jumper cables) referred to in your reply or response to your posted image picture "..guess..." does not coincide with the methods allowed in NFPA 70
511.16(B)(1) Grounding and Bonding Requirements.

In other words you can ground bond the car frame but you must connect the ground with approved clamps or bolted connection directly to the building steel or a ground rod, since the automobile is on rubber tires, or elevated in garage using space on jack stands, the OEM (Porsche) ground bonding methods used are bolted connections directly to the frame not removable clamps as in the jumper cables.

Please consider same identical methods as the OEM does for your electrical bonding methods during repair or get a copy of the NFPA 70 and determine your liability reference wise to required repair facilities. Your decision could require a little or a lot including lightning protection for your isolated garage from fuel storage and/or location of working conditions.
« Last Edit: May 11th, 2018 at 5:42pm by anchor »  

IP Logged

Noah
Experienced Member

Reply #14 - May 14th, 2018 at 12:52pm
Print Post  

Here's my buddy's car after a fresh wrap. Got me seriously considering wrap vs painting again!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top