Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
AC Expansion Valve Access (Read 1572 times)
WJH

I love Forum 1G - SP1!

AC Expansion Valve Access
Jun 5th, 2019 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
On a late model 944 is the expansion valve accessible by removing the glove box? I'm always looking for the easy way, but never seem to find it.  Smiley

IP Logged

anchor
Experienced Member

*Be vewwy vewwy quiet;
I'm hunting wabbits*

Re: AC Expansion Valve Access
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
You might begin with Clarks if not this one then another HVAC

hvac-02__1_.pdf ( 146 KB | 13 Downloads )

* Elmuh Fudd / Yosemite Sam... Duuude, I cawwed shotgun dipwomacy 3 minutes ago *

IP Logged

WJH

I love Forum 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2019 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Yep, I've done those things. I read a thread where someone said they got to the expansion valve via the glove box. I wasn't sure early or late model, never have read that before. I was just checking if anyone else had a simple method to access it.

IP Logged

anchor
Experienced Member

*Be vewwy vewwy quiet;
I'm hunting wabbits*

Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2019 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
KissHiLooked for mine but decided if you snap any of those links levers or rods you are in for a disappointment.So I snagged that one PDF and never got around to TS'ing.

If you already read it your fears are also mine do not break anything reaching around taking out the glove box , stand on your head, for a good 10 minutes, evacuate the pressure, I can sell you my hvac hose kit,  if you confirmed you cannot operate without a new expansion valve Steve or Ian will sell you one.
If you look at the cowling covering the blower since it is already off from testing replace it after safe out of the system pressure.
Ian has one removing the Cowling and read 1472 times you can find it with the black ribbontool bar above. It must be you need to buy one if you get his drift doing it his way.

There is also a seal replacement below the blower , foam around the valve, replacement of the cow cover(new). Claims 1 hour that's easy peasy Wink
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:31pm by anchor »  

* Elmuh Fudd / Yosemite Sam... Duuude, I cawwed shotgun dipwomacy 3 minutes ago *

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top