Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
turning over a new leaf (Read 189 times)
Noah
Experienced Member

turning over a new leaf
Jun 25th, 2019 at 4:13am
Print Post  

We had a good run, but that phase is done.

I will re-join the local car club and only speed on the track.

Time to stop being a boy and become a man.

non-purist retro-grouch with questionable taste

IP Logged

Bob_85.5

Slower traffic keep right

Re: turning over a new leaf
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2019 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Congratulations on arriving at the same conclusion that I reached several years ago...
I realized that there are too many people on the roads today that are attempting to get from point "A" to point "B" as fast as possible, and unless you are driving an ambulance, police car or fire truck, the real question is,.."now what are you going to do with that extra 3 minutes you just saved?" - probably going to sit on your phone...
There are also too many distracted drivers and drivers of big SUV's and pickups who think that those vehicles handle like our 944's - not even close including all the 4-wheel traction control, vehicle handling, and automatic tush-wipers available today.
Many of the best friendships I have had over the years were with people who shared the love of their cars with driving fast safely at time trials and weekend track days.
Now don't get me wrong - I enjoy airing the car out every once and a while for no apparent reason, but I don't do that on a public road when others are around. 
I know how fast my car is and I no longer feel the need to prove it to every one - I came to the same conclusion with my race boats - I had just as much fun idling out of the harbor, shutting the engines down and drifting around the bay, listening to some good tunes, swimming around the boat, and laughing with my friends.
Time to get down off my soap box...
Beautiful shot of Wilson and the rainbows!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top