Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
86 Turbo no START!!! (Read 401 times)
944chicago

86 Turbo no START!!!
Jul 6th, 2019 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
86 P44 turbo no start after 14years what I have done myself

engine complete timing ,all seals including head gasket,replaced all fluids, drained fuel tank cleaned inside ,new fuel filter,Turbo rebuild with crush rings ,new hoses and vacuum.

This car had two F@#$%!k alarms installed universal and oem
bypassed the oem removed the universal

Had a test ing light present between the ing coil and dist cap no LIGHT no spark

Fuel pump running on dme and bypass

what else can I test I have a running turbo but i dont want to be swapping parts to damage anything else in the good running car

Anyone can help???

YIM  
IP Logged

Springgt

I love Forum 1G - SP1!

Re: 86 Turbo no START!!!
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Two things.
Check to see that in removing the aftermarket alarm that some remnant
of it isn’t still interrupting power to the coil somehow. 

Remove your jumpers on your old alarm module and plug it back in and try to start it like that.  I was trying all of the standard non start tricks on my ‘84 and removed the alarm module and installed jumpers.  It still didn’t start and I later found that it was a loose power cable at the battery. I fixed that and got the car started and it ran fine except that the alternator light stayed on all of the time.  I finally plugged the factory alarm module back in and the alt light went out and the alarm system works fine.  There was never anything wrong with it to start with. 

Original owner 1984 944 Guards Red
Just back on the road after a 7-8 year storage.  Yea!
YIM  
IP Logged

944chicago

Re: 86 Turbo no START!!!
Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 1:53am
Print Post  
Yes there is some wires that are still plugged and unplugged by the fuse box. I figured out some cables bc I have a good working turbo to look at in case. I also ran a test probe with ing on and of on the coil reading ground and on 12.v.
I plugged the oem relay in then tried to start the car the relay box started to click then i plugged the bypass and still no start no spark

I have noticed in the fuse box where the 30a test relay is there is a 30a relay ???? maybe thats left

Any other suggestion or diagrams

YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top