Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
85.5 Electrical Issue - weird one (Read 562 times)
Neal Caudle

85.5 Electrical Issue - weird one
Jul 25th, 2019 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Hi, first time posting here, and hope you guys can help.  I have two 944's - a moss green 83, and an alpine white 85.5.  The 85.5 is having the following intermittent issue -

The binnacle, air conditioning (compressor / recirc), and the sunroof stop working together periodically, and return to service together at the same time.  The sunroof is actually in 'remove' mode, like the key is turned to the first detent, not actually un-powered.  Also, the blower for the AC still functions, just the compressor and the recirc switches are turned off, thus the lights go out with the switches pressed.

I replaced the ignition switch, thinking this may have been related, given the sunroof going into 'take out' mode, however there has been no change, these three things work, then they don't then they do.  The X bus fuse doesn't control this particular combination of items, so I don't think it's that.  Oddly, the power window fuse is hot, which seemed odd, but who knows. 

A friend who has 944's said to roll the interior light dimmer switch, but any relation to working / not working was coincidental. 

Any thoughts?  It seems like there's another relay somewhere tripping, or not powering on, or something else.  I had the binnacle out to do the ignition switch yesterday, and nothing looked bad back there. 

This is a clean 100k mile 944 with good service history etc, but this piece has been confounding.  Everything else works, seats, windows, lights, blowers, radio, etc etc. 

Thank you ahead of time.  Neal

IP Logged

XxSteve944onlinexX
944online Admin

Don't shoot the messenger.

Re: 85.5 Electrical Issue - weird one
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
I would check your terminal 15 relay it should be position G2 on your relay board. If that ends up being ok your problem could be related to a bad ground or a loose wire/connector on the underside of your relay board. The relay sounds to me like it could be your problem if it was bad it would cause all of those things to not function.

Steven Manfre Sales Manager 1501 nw 22nd ct  #10 Pompano Beach,Fl 33069 Toll Free 866-944-7883 Local 954-968-3766 www.944online.com
IP Logged

Neal Caudle

Re: 85.5 Electrical Issue - weird one
Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2019 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Thanks, I swapped the relay, and it seemed to be the issue.  I just assumed it was the ignition.  Oh well, at least that's tuned up now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top