Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
944 Body Question (Read 738 times)
Go Left

Not Right in the Head

944 Body Question
Sep 7th, 2019 at 2:16am
Print Post  
Hey Guys,
    First of all, thank you all for all the guidance and advice in getting this car back on the road. It has fought me every step of the way but after head gasket, rings, seals, all new vacuum lines, sensors, and 14 stripped cam housing bolts I got this car back up and running!
For the first time in 3 years, it has REAL coolant and synthetic oil and they aren't partying together. Very happy.
Now I am moving on the the body. Do early and late 944s have the same hood and driver side fenders?
Thanks!!!!

20190829_092231.jpg ( 4754 KB | 9 Downloads )
20190829_092231.jpg

A tree falling on a car is an accident. Everything else is driver error.

IP Logged

Z├╝ndfolge
Experienced Member

'83 RoW

Re: 944 Body Question
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Good work, thanks for keeping her on the road!

I don't know too much about the panels, I would start comparing the part numbers in the catalogues if there is no advice here.

Wheelwell ate my workshop log.

IP Logged

johnstahl
Experienced Member

Re: 944 Body Question
Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
The driver side fender on early cars has a hole for the antenna and the later cars do not. the may be other differences as well considering late cars have a liner and the early cars do not.

I think the hoods are close. the windshield washer holes may be different as the early cars have a smaller squirter than the later cars.

1988 Celebration Edition

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top