Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
General (!) Warning Light at middle of cluster (Read 970 times)
Emmett

General (!) Warning Light at middle of cluster
Jan 26th, 2020 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
I see plenty of information on the nightime gage illumination lamps on the forums but my questions are what about the central general red warning lamp as well as the lamp check function.  I am getting intermittent (!) general warning.  I believe that the ignition position on the keyswitch is used to check individual warning lamps on the display to make sure they are not burned out.  When I do this not all the warning lamps that I know are there illuminate.  Also I am getting a general Warning which is supposed to be accompanied by a warning lamp on one of the two gages.  This all leads me to believe I have a lamp out on one of the two gages, possibly masking a problem.  Are there any replacements for these types of lamps?

IP Logged

T_Ryan.
Experienced Member

I love Forum 1G - SP1!

Re: General (!) Warning Light at middle of cluster
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2020 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
there are three types of bulbs in the cluster. which bulb does not illuminate prior to starting?

IP Logged

Emmett

Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2020 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
On the far left combo gage the Parking Lights warning (if it is there as shown in the manual) does not illuminate.

On the far right combo gage the air bag and washer fluid warnings do not illuminate.

IP Logged

T_Ryan.
Experienced Member

I love Forum 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
odd to see that many go at the same time so it might be worthwhile to check the ground.

usually those small push in and twist lock bulbs are 1.2 watts. Ian is just showing leds but 99963130290 is the number for the normal ones with the base.

do leave the battery unplugged for an hour if you pull the airbag. do not put the key in the ignition while the bag is unplugged.. either will trigger the bag light.

personally, I am not a fan of led lighting. something about the blue spectrum is like a cat scratching a chalkboard.

IP Logged

Emmett

Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2020 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Thanks; I'll give Ian/Steve a call.  The car is after all 25 years old so even with low mileage it is possible that there are some grounding gremlins.  I can also remove the display and check the bulbs then go from there.  BTW this happened after I had new tires and an alignment at the dealer.  May be coincidence but I'll keep checking things.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top