Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
My windshield wipers won’t wipe up all the water (Read 195 times)
Blueflare1

My windshield wipers won’t wipe up all the water
May 19th, 2020 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
I can’t find out why my windshield wipers won’t totally work! I have just replaced my old ones with some rainX wipers, and for some reason they will not wipe some water away from the middle of my windshield? It’s right on the middle of the wipers, and I have tried tightening my wiper control arms to get them to maybe press more against the window but that hasn’t worked either. PLEASE HELP!!

IP Logged

XxSteve944onlinexX
944online Admin

Don't shoot the messenger.

Re: My windshield wipers won’t wipe up all the water
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2020 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Not all wiper blades work correctly on the 944 due to the shape of the glass and the angle it is installed at. If your windshield has been replaced at some point then it may not have been installed at the correct pitch which would also cause this. Porsche changed the design of the wiper arms around 88 or 89 they added a extra tension spring to try and help with this.

I would start with trying to install a different set of wipers. I would stay away from the all weather blades that are wrapped in rubber all the way around they are known not to work very well on these cars.

Steven Manfre Sales Manager 1501 nw 22nd ct  #10 Pompano Beach,Fl 33069 Toll Free 866-944-7883 Local 954-968-3766 www.944online.com
IP Logged

Blueflare1

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2020 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Any suggestions on what wiper blades may work? If not that’s alright thank you for your help nonetheless!

IP Logged

anchor
Experienced Member

*Be vewwy vewwy quiet;
I'm hunting wabbits*

Reply #3 - May 19th, 2020 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Blueflare1 wrote on May 19th, 2020 at 5:12pm:
I can’t find out why my windshield wipers won’t totally work! I have just replaced my old ones with some rainX wipers, and for some reason they will not wipe some water away from the middle of my windshield? It’s right on the middle of the wipers, and I have tried tightening my wiper control arms to get them to maybe press more against the window but that hasn’t worked either. PLEASE HELP!!

Try a claybar (from a cleaning kit made for getting unseen or unknown deposit of film off. Especially if you drive over high bridges alot).

It will remove the invisible particles on the glass just as it would give you a clean surface to polish and wax on the body panels.

* Elmuh Fudd / Yosemite Sam... Duuude, I cawwed shotgun dipwomacy 3 minutes ago *

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top